Shanghai/China. From mattresses to insulation panels, from footwear to automotive seats, polyurethane (PU) applications play a key role in improving the daily lives of consumers. Under its PU business line’s brand-new “Living polyurethanes” concept, as the global leader in PU additives Evonik will highlight the most comprehensive portfolio of innovative products and leading services within the industry at this year’s PU China show.
“By leveraging our wide formulation expertise, our commitment to innovation and insights to the latest industry trends, we have been a dedicated partner of specialty additives to the PU industry for more than half a century, said Benjamin Schaeffner, Business Director Greater China of Evonik’s PU business. “Backed by our global network consisting a wide array of commercial and technical support services, we work closely with our customers to drive PU materials performance for tailormade solutions that cater to local market needs.”
VOC optimized products for improved comfort foam performance
- TEGOSTAB® B 8244 is a silicone surfactant containing minimized cyclic siloxane making it ideally suited for quality demanding foam.
- DABCO® NE 750 is Evonik’s latest low emissive reactive gelling catalyst for production of foam with challenging curing.
- ORTEGOL® 700/701/702 can significantly improve foam recovery after compression, perfect for the growing “Bed in a Box” market.
Increased thermal insulation properties contribute to resource efficiency and more efficient food preservation
- TEGOSTAB® B 84831 silicone surfactant gives rigid PU foams excellent insulation properties by significantly reducing the k-factor, while maintaining outstanding performance in reducing surface voids.
- TEGOSTAB® B 84828 silicone surfactant brings a superior improvement to the surface performance of rigid foams, especially for metal faced panel applications.
Enabling the lowest exposure to VOC and odor for automotive passengers
- TEGOSTAB® B 8734 LO and TEGOSTAB® B 8761 LO silicone surfactants help formulators to meet stringent odor and emission targets, whilst producing high quality foam with excellent emulsification and broad processing latitude.
- As a second-generation scavenger, ORTEGOL® LA 3 stands out with its capability to drastically reduce formaldehyde and acetaldehyde levels in automotive molded foams.
Tailored solutions for versatile applications
- The novel silicone surfactant TEGOSTAB® B 8966 enhances cell opening effect in very low-density shoe sole formulations with high efficiency in reducing double skin effect.
- ORTEGOL® SE 201, an effective polymeric carbodiimide type anti-hydrolysis agent, reduces hydrolysis of polyester polyurethane and TPU.
- KOSMOS® MB series bismuth and zinc-based gel catalysts can work as alternatives to tin-based catalysts in CASE (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, and Elastomers) and other polyurethane applications.
Visit Evonik’s tradeshow stand #10 in Hall 1, Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Centre to discover more about its “Living polyurethanes” concept or follow the Evonik WeChat account to learn more.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The company is active in more than 100 countries around the world and generated sales of €12.2 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €1.91 billion in 2020. Evonik goes far beyond chemistry to create innovative, profitable and sustainable solutions for customers. About 33,000 employees work together for a common purpose: We want to improve life today and tomorrow.
About Specialty Additives
The Specialty Additives division combines the businesses of versatile additives and high-performance crosslinkers. They make end products more valuable, more durable, save more energy and simply better. As formulation experts in fast growing markets such as coatings, mobility, infrastructure and consumer goods, Specialty Additives combines a small amount with a big effect. With its 3,700 employees the division generated sales of €3.23 billion in 2020.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.